Rally of the Tall Pines – 2016 Media Policy.
For the 2016 Rally of the Tall Pines, we are pleased to continue the strategy implemented in 2011 which was designed to meet the distinct needs of the different levels of media.
In order to provide the safest and most accessible locations for all attending media, we have created three media categories.
Level One Media Access Pass – Will be given to media appointed by either the Canadian Association of Rallysport (CARS) or by the organisers of the Rally of the Tall Pines. An application for a “Level One” Media Pass must be made in advance by way of a completed Media Accreditation Request Form submitted to the Media Coordinator prior to 7.00 p.m. on November 19, 2016. As in the past, Level One Media will be allowed access to all stages subject to the approval of their Stage Access Plan by the Clerk of the Course. The request for approval of the "Stage Access Plan" must be made to the Clerk of the Course prior to 6.00 p.m. on Friday, 25 November, 2016
Level Two Media Access Pass – Will be provided to professional media who are employed by a recognised newspaper, magazine or periodical. In-Stage Access will only be allowed to specific locations pre-determined by the organisers. These positions will be marshalled and their locations will be advised to the Media prior to the rally. An application for a “Level Two” Media Pass must be made in advance by way of a completed Media Accreditation Request Form submitted to the Media Coordinator prior to 7.00 p.m. on November 19, 2016. Applications will be subject to approval by the Rally of the Tall Pines Media Coordinator. Validation from the Media's Publication is required prior to Media Accreditation Pass Approval.
Level Three Access Pass – Will be provided to freelance, students and other non-professional media who will be allowed access to specified areas for Level Three media or in special media sections of the spectator areas. An application for a “Level Three” Media Pass must be made in advance by way of a complete Media Accreditation Request Form submitted to the Media Coordinator, prior to 7.00 p.m. on November 19, 2016. Applications will be subject to approval by the Rally of the Tall Pines Media Coordinator.
Media Registration Schedule – Website Applications for ALL Media Accreditations will close at 7pm on November 19, 2016. There will be no facility to accept new Media applications at the Event. Media Passes MUST be picked-up no later than 6pm on Friday November 25 from the Media Registration Desk at Rally HQ at Dungannon. Applicants who cannot meet these timelines may contact the Media Coordinator to make a later arrangement, during the published Media Registration times, or at the Coordinator's convenience. If no alternate appointment has been pre-arranged, late arrivals will be subject to a late pick up fee of $20.00.
- For reasons of safety, Level One and Level Two media will be given a Safety Vest which will identify them to stage workers as well as ensure the visibility of all people on course. Any media person not in a designated spectator area behind the safety barrier will be required to be wearing their Safety Vest at all times
- All requests for media accreditation will be reviewed by the Rally of the Tall Pines Officials. The Rally of the Tall Pines reserves the right to deny accreditation requests.
- Accreditation is non-transferable and must be worn by the person to whom it was originally granted. Anyone who lends his/her accreditation pass to another party will have all privileges revoked.
- Your media pass must be used for working purposes only.
- A signed letter on company letterhead from your publication may be required for credential pick-up. Applications should be accompanied by samples of published work. If required, notification will be provided along with the message of confirmation.
- Freelance writers or photographers are not eligible to receive accreditation without a letter from the publication assigning them. This letter must include full details of the coverage planned and must be accompanied by samples of his/her published work. All applications are subject to approval.
- Each accredited individual will be required to pick-up their credentials in person at Rally Headquarters.
Media using Drones, Gyro Copters or other Aerial camera platforms:
The liability insurance for the Rally of the Tall PInes, Bancroft, ON. does not include coverage for the use of drones. Therefore, the use of such devices and all other unmanned aircraft of any description along any of the route used by this event, is strictly prohibited, unless previously authorised in writing by the Organiser.